Friday, October 7, 2011

Brinky Links 1 (10/08/11)

Hi! Welcome to the first edition of Brinky Links! I'm excited to share the first one because it'll be my all-time favorite links on health, fitness, productivity and overall wellness. I'll throw in some surprises here and there. If you have any links to share, feel free to share them in the comments section.

Let's begin with a song. Everyone's listening to Adele lately and so am I. Here's a beautiful video of the heartbreaking song 'Someone Like You'. The video features Paris in black and white.



Chris Guillebeau is really the man who started it all for me. I was working in the middle of nowhere when I first read  his article on The Decision to be Remarkable. Needless to say, fueled my desire to change the world.

But as life isn't always peachy-keen, this article on taking back control of your life from the 99 percent gives concrete tips on how to get your life back on track. Sounds perfect to me. :)

Speaking of taking control of your life, here are two people who have done exactly so.  The result? More freedom to to be productive exactly as they want it. But mind you, their suggestions veer away from regular time management tips. Seth Godin doesn't go to any meetings all. Danielle LaPorte suggests against keeping a overly detailed to-do-list. Worth emulating? You bet.

Another worthy read on productivity is Ramit Sethi's post on laziness and motivation, delivered in his usual snarky style. Truly a gem!

If you are a fan of inspirational quotes like I am, here is my favorite site for quotes. Today's pick:
 "I think it’s naive to pray for world peace if we’re not going to change the form in which we live."— Godfrey Reggio 

I'm not vegan but I enjoy visiting Angela Liddon's blog Oh She Glows every day since 2009. Her creative ways with vegetables never fails to inspire me to add more to my diet.

Another healthy living blog I enjoy visiting regularly is Can You Stay For Dinner? by the amazing Andie Mitchell. She dropped 130+ lbs in over a year! This superwoman also writes amazingly-well with her poetric blog entries.

Finally, if you're a Filipino (or if you want to visit the Philippines), be sure to read Anton Diaz's compilation of the most Awesome Food Experiences Around the Philippines. Reading it makes me proud that these awesome dishes are made in my country.

Got anything to share from your end? I would love to hear from you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment